Canine Soulmates Rescue is composed of volunteers from many walks of life, who all share a common goal — to help dogs who have become homeless through no fault of their own. Our volunteers are the heart and soul of our group, as it truly takes a village to help each dog find his or her forever family! Each volunteer is essential to our group and we truly value all that they do, contributing their time, talent, and treasure tirelessly.
Can you help? What type of tasks interest you?
Some of our needs are hands-on with the dogs, such as:
- Working at weekend adoption events. We generally hold adoption events the second and fourth Saturdays at Petco in Grapevine, and we like to rotate volunteers so that nobody gets overworked.
- Transporting dogs to and from the vet clinic or adoption events. This is an occasional need, but volunteers who can drive dogs wherever they need to be really help us out.
- Fostering a dog. This is our biggest hands-on need. As a foster-based rescue (no shelter facility), we can rescue only as many dogs as we foster homes to place them. We work with our fosters to find shelter dogs that would be compatible with the foster’s human and four-legged family, and we cover medical costs and provide other support. The foster families provide the love and socialization dogs need after coming out of shelters or other traumatic situations.
Other needs include:
- Helping with veterinarian checks (by phone) for potential adopters. We can provide a sample list of questions for the phone calls, which are usually 2-3 a week except for more when we have a litter of puppies coming up for adoption.
- Putting together folders for adopters and scanning and organizing paperwork.
- Joining our home visit team. This is a group that performs home visits for prospective adopter homes (checking the fence, talking with the family, meeting other animals in the home, etc.). We provide extensive training for this task.
- Helping with fund-raising projects such as restaurant nights and other special events.
These are just a few of the ways our volunteers help the dogs. If any of these tasks sound interesting, or if you have other interests or ideas, we would love to hear from you. Send an email to email@example.com and someone will be in touch.